The GALEX mission was developed under NASA's Explorers Program, which is managed by the NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland.
The GALEX mission is a partnership between the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) and NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) with universities, science institutes, laboratories, and commercial technology providers from around the world. Caltech in Pasadena, California, hosts the GALEX science center and has overall responsibility for the project. JPL in Pasadena, California, constructed the GALEX science instrument, performed calibration, and is responsible for project management. Leading the GALEX project is the principal investigator, professor Chris Martin, of Caltech.
- Orbital in Dulles, Virginia, which is responsible for the spacecraft integration and testing, ground data system and mission operations, and the launch vehicle.
- University of California, Berkeley, which led the development of detectors and front-end electronics and performs science analysis.
- Laboratoire d'Astrophysique de Marseille in France, which is responsible for the optical design, grism development, imaging window development, aspheric development, science instrument development and testing support, and performs science analysis.
- Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea, which is supporting science calibration and testing and supports science operations and science analysis.
- The Observatories of the Carnegie Institution of Washington in Pasadena, California, which is supporting science analysis.
- Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, which developed the science archive and performs science analysis.
- University of California, Los Angeles, which has been involved in survey planning and performs science analysis.
- Multimission Archive at Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, Maryland, which manages the science archive operation and legacy data archive.
|Chris Martin||Principal Investigator||Caltech|
|Tom Barlow||Analysis and spectra||Caltech|
|Minerva Calderon||System Manager||Caltech|
|Tim Conrow||Pipeline Operations||IPAC|
|Diane Engler||Operations Technician||IPAC|
|Kerry Erickson||Project Manager||JPL|
|Grant Faris||Mission Ops. Assurance||JPL|
|Karl Forster||Science Operations||Caltech|
|Peter Friedman||Project Scientist||Caltech|
|Janice Hester||Analysis and Calibration||Caltech|
|Min Hubbard||Analysis and QA||Caltech|
|Chase Million||Pipeline Operations||Caltech|
|Patrick Morrissey||Instrument Scientist||Caltech|
|Susan Neff||Mission Scientist, GIP||GSFC|
|David Schiminovich||Science Operations||Columbia|
|Frank Surber||Project Engineer||JPL|
|Denise Thoesen||Grant administration||Caltech|
|Marie Treyer||Analysis||Caltech, LAM|
|Ted Wyder||Analysis and Calibration||Caltech|
|Michele Yeater||Project Administrator||Caltech|